What are the COVID requirements for entering the Estate
As we continue to trade as a hospitality venue, we must comply with the present guidelines as set by the Northern Ireland Executive which are legally enforceable from Monday 13 December 2021. We now require all guests over the age of 18 for proof of their Covid status when visiting our Estate.
Valid forms of Covid certification include:
- Proof of vaccination via the Covid Certification App.
- Vaccination card or EU/GB digital certificates with photo ID.
- Certification by text or email through the NHS Covid-19 reporting app of a negative lateral flow test, plus photo ID, within 48 hours of arriving at our Estate.
- Valid notification of a positive PCR test taken no earlier than 30 days and no later than 180 days of attending our Estate, along with photo ID.
To make this process easier to understand, we have created a graphic to explain the requirements that we all must adhere to. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we implement these guidelines. Your safety and that of our staff are of the greatest importance and we look forward to welcoming you to Killeavy Castle Estate in the times ahead.
COVID-19 Sanitation Procedure
What will my stay look like?
Our priority when implementing the health and safety protocols is, of course, the well-being of our guests and our staff. Equally as important, however, is ensuring that this reimagined experience remains true to our service style and, ultimately, feels authentic and enjoyable.
Killeavy Castle Estate with our vast open spaces and 350-acre Estate is perfectly positioned to enable all of our guests and visitors to Get closer to what’s important during these challenging and unprecedented times. Our airy guest rooms and expansive reception spaces enable our guests to be safe and feel nurtured among loved ones.
Our enhanced safety and cleanliness measures are listed below. We’re happy to answer any further questions you may have when considering a stay with us.
What is your approach to safety and cleanliness?
Killeavy Castle Estate has always had and will continue to have safety and cleanliness at the forefront of our daily lives. The heads of each operational department have worked and implemented the guidelines and standards outlined by governmental bodies to implement a strict protocol:
Guest and Employee Safety and Comfort
- Guests will have their temperature checked on arrival be this for an overnight stay, using our Spa and when dining in our Restaurant or Bar.
- All employees will have their temperature checked before commencing their shift.
- If a guest or employee’s body temperature reads above 38 degrees, they will be refused entry and advised to seek medical assistance.
- All guests of the hotel (both residents and non-residents) must wear face coverings should as they enter and leave the hotel and for movement inside. This is not required once seated. This applies to all areas of the hotel when guests are moving about and when they enter the premises.
- Employees will use protective equipment when required by regulations.
Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation
- Our staff have completed and will continue to undergo COVID focused training ensuring guests are welcomed with the Killeavy standard of service while following necessary health and safety protocols at all times.
- Should our porters be required to handle luggage, it will be disinfected before and after its handling.
- All bedrooms and public areas will be disinfected daily using an Electrostatic e-Spray which distributes disinfectant solutions effectively and uniformly on surfaces. Furthermore, increased cleaning and sanitising has been implemented throughout the Estate with continuous cleaning protocols.
- We will increase the frequency of property-wide cleaning, placing extra focus on high-touch surfaces including public areas, the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and areas restricted to employees. These areas will also be cleaned using our Electrostatic e-Spray.
Social Distancing and Contact-free Measures
- To ensure social distancing is respected, our guests will notice that the layouts of our Restaurants will be altered, offering fixed seating to ensure we can accept all guests wishing to eat and drink with us.
- Waiters will be required to keep a safe distance from guests where possible when serving and only table service of drinks will be offered in our Bar.
- Guests will still be able to use our traditional menus but these will be sanitised after each guest use.
- Contactless payment options will be encouraged and available within all departments of the Hotel.
- Throughout the Estate all reusable print material will be removed.
- Our interactive guest information system allows guests to view menus and all directory services on their in-room TV. This includes Room Service menus for any guests preferring to eat and drink in the comfort of their own room. Room Service orders and guest requests will be delivered to the guests’ door to enable social distancing.
- Sanitising stations will be available throughout the Estate and near high touch points and Step and Pull door mechanisms have been installed in the public restrooms.
- Social distancing will be required during deliveries to the Estate.
What happens if I begin to feel unwell during my stay?
If you or your family members feel unwell or experience virus-related symptoms, please contact Reception immediately who will inform the Manager on Duty. Our Hotel doctor or medical professional will be contacted to advise on the next steps to be taken which will be aligned with current Government and Health guidelines.
What is our cancellation and modification policy?
We understand that your holiday may be on stand-by or that you may need further information before deciding to travel.
Our stress-free, flexible cancellation and modification policy will help you navigate these uncertain times. Cancellation fees for accommodation bookings cancelled 24 hours prior to arrival will be waived until the end of 2021.
Who can I speak with to get more information about my existing reservation or about a potential stay?
Please contact us any time at email@example.com or +44 (0) 28 3044 4888